Top 5 Reasons To Clean Your Bong
You wouldn’t leave your bath towel unwashed, you wouldn’t not clean your drinking glass, and you certainly wouldn’t re-use your cutlery over and over without giving them a wash. So why do people not clean their smoking equipment?
Here at Just Liv It we understand that when you pick up your bong, you’re thinking of using it, not washing it. But just like everything Bongs too need to be regularly cleaned. Below is our Top 5 Reasons why you should give it a good ‘ol scrub!
1. Top of the list has to be Hygiene Reasons – if you’re not going to wash your bong for anything else, you need to do it for this. When you start to think about how many germs are in your mouth (FYI: people with good dental hygiene have between 1 thousand to 10 thousand bacteria living on each tooth surface) and then think about how many people you’ve shared your bong with.. Avoid colds and cold sores and give it a clean!
2. The next reason (if catching bugs wasn’t enough for you) is the overall performance. Think back to when you first bought your bong; do you remember the smoke travelling faster? There’s no reason for you to go and buy a new bong, just clean the one you already have; A clean bong performs better.
3. Imagine you’ve left a glass of water on the side, it has dust and bacteria in it and it is starting to go stagnant. Would you drink it? Of course you wouldn’t. Then why smoke with it? Considering you’ll be breathing in the oxygen from the water (and therefore the bacteria) you need to change the water before each use. Rule: If you wouldn’t drink it, don’t smoke from it.
4. If you’ve got this far without finding a good enough reason to go clean your bong (you think you’re some kind of super-human who is immune to bacteria) then fair enough. If nothing else is going to get you to clean it, what about the taste? The cleanliness of your bong will affect the taste – if you’ve never cleaned it, you’re using old water, ash and debris and therefore the taste is going to be affected!
5. Appearance and smell. It’s unsightly to look at; a bong with watermarks, debris, someone’s old saliva round the rim.. and not to mention the smell of old bong water. Do everyone a favour and give it a clean!
We hope we’ve inspired you to give it a go. If you’re looking for a step-by-step guide on how to clean a bong read our ‘How to Clean a Bong’ post here. If you know what to do but need a helping hand check out Limpuro’s Bio Cleaner which will have your bong looking and performing like new in no time.